Thanks to wine-Y-wife blogger Rhonda for nominating me for this award! I didn’t even realize it existed, so this was a real surprise! I started this blog a little less than three months ago, and it has been a joy for me. It thrills me each time I get a new follower, a Face Book like, or a comment. I keep a word document festooned with flags from each country my blog has reached—I am up to thirty one.
The blog world is still a bit of a mystery to me, and I am still learning how to navigate,it. I’m not always sure what the protocols are, and am most challenged by the lingo. I find sometimes I read what is probably some really great advice, and sit and shake my head wondering what exactly I just read. I know all the words, but in that combination they don’t make sense to me…
In addition to wine-Y-wife, some other blogs I have been enjoying and nominate* are:
- Food In Jars a great blog about canning, pickling and such
- Smitten Kitchen great recipes, and always something I really want to make, probably my first blog addiction
- Ranting of an Amateur Chef fun recipes and just a soupçon of self-deprecation
- Divorced Kat I am intrigued and can relate to this journey a divorce launches you on
- Elena Sonnino with a great world view
*You can claim your award here
There are other blogs I read, but these are the ones I read regularly no matter what.
Coming up with seven fun facts about me is a challenge. But I will give it a whirl, and understand if your response is more ‘huh?’ than ‘yeah!’
- I love to tell really long jokes, I have a repertoire that I have amassed over the years, including many I learned from my father, a master!
- In college I tried to start smoking because everyone I knew who quit gained ten pounds. I figured if I started I would lose ten pounds. It didn’t work, I hated smoking, and the pack of cigarettes I had in my purse completely disintegrated and everything was covered in tobacco for months
- I love cookbooks, and inspired by Rhonda I counted and including the encyclopedic, the food writing, and regular cookbooks I have 160.
- I still use the knives I got in culinary school, I don’t have fancy expensive ones, or a lot of them. They work just fine
- I don’t like chocolate ice cream, or hot fudge or banana splits, though when I was a kid I use to love going to Schrafft’s for a hot butterscotch sundae.
- (almost there) I collect glass juice reamers, but they are in a box in my garage because I have no room for them
- In addition to cookbooks I love to read all kinds of books. Some of my favorite authors are Ellen Gilchrist, Anne Lamott, John Irving, Toni Morrison, and Brené Brown.
I hope if you are new to my blog, you enjoy it, and I’d love your feedback!
If you’re a regular reader, thanks for your support and interest!!